On April 25, 2012, the Association of Lebanese Industrialists (ALI) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Western Asia (UN-ESCWA) to implement a fully operational “Green Help Desk” in Lebanon (GHD) which aims to provide information and technical advice to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) that want to develop their products and/or their means of production to fit with the principles and objectives of sustainable development, and enable them to engage in the emerging green economy.
- Develop a better understanding of policies and programs aimed at the development of green production sectors, and disseminate best practices in this area
- Access to information for decision‐makers on opportunities of green production at the national and local levels
- Capacity building for the design of national and local policies and programs for stimulating and developing green production sectors
Main services of the Green Help Desk (GHD):
⇒ Collection and Dissemination of Information
• Green business opportunities;
• National policies, programs, institutions and laws related to green economy;
• Green funding opportunities;
• Regional and international support programs and best practices in green production.
• Organize national workshops and training courses for trainers on topics related to green production sectors.
• Act as a network of experts and national authorities specialized in the development of green production sectors.
Although the duration of the GHD project is from October 2012 to the end of June 2014, the Association of Lebanese Industrialists ensures the sustainability of the Green Help Desk beyond the official duration of the project within its premises.